jeudi 10 mai 2012

An enjoyable learning experience


I spent 4 weeks in CLÉ for the month of April in 2012. I will never forget this wonderful learning journey. The programme arranged by the school was well paced and enriching. I feel that I have benefitted greatly from the course as well as enjoyed myself thoroughly during my stay.
The teachers are proficient and dedicated with a genuine interest in the learning of each student. As the class size was small, there was a lot of chance to speak and be corrected by the teachers. What I like best is the international mix of adult students who are here to learn French “pour le plaisir”.

I also like the workshop that takes place on two afternoons in a week. Students get to choose a wide selection of activities ranging from how to improve French with the French radio RFI and the French TV channel TV5 Monde to planning a weekend excursion on Bordeaux. These activities help to extend the students scope of learning beyond the texts.

A range of activities and free visits to local well known sites were also arranged for the students. I liked the cheese appreciation course as well as the free visit to l'Hôtel de Ville. The director of the school, Isabelle, and the staff of the school were ever ready to offer advice and guidance. For example, when I needed reference for my “exposée” on a particular region of France, Isabelle was quick to direct me to the right source in the library.

But what I appreciate most is the wonderful host that I stayed with for these 4 weeks. Madam Marie-France Michelesi was a fine retired lady who welcomed me like a family member. We have many interests in common, which allowed us to share a lot during our stay together. CLÉ has certainly taken my criteria seriously and found me an excellent match.

I feel that I have improved my French in a natural environment and I will recommend CLÉ to anyone who is keen to learn or polish his French.

Eunice TeoLeiSoo, Singapore

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire